Plan for Return To Practice During Covid-19
Update: December 21, 2020
Premier Ford has announced wider lockdown restrictions for Ontario effective Dec 26. Registered Massage Therapists have been given the notice from the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario that these new directives do not affect us at this time, so we may continue to practise with all covid protocols in place. I will update you as soon as possible should I hear of any changes.
I'm very grateful that I'm able to keep working and will continue to take every possible precaution to keep us all safe, including...
->leaving a minimum of 30 minutes between appointments to allow the room to air
-> disinfecting all surfaces before and after every appointment
-> pre-screening you, and myself as well
-> mandatory mask policy is still in place (FYI - I have extra disposable masks on hand. Let me know if you would like to replace your cloth mask for an easier-breathing disposable one during treatments, free of charge.)
My thoughts are with the small business owners in the city who are not able to operate during this time, or are operating with limited options. I hope we can all do whatever is within our means to support them at this time. If you're unsure of what you can do, reach out to your favourite shop, restaurant, cafe, etc. and ask what they need. #bettertogether #supportsmallbusiness #letskeeptorontosafe #torontosmallbusiness
I have implemented many new protocols, as mandated by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, and the Ministry of Health. This is all in order to keep us both as safe as possible.
Before your appointment:
- You will be pre-screened for Covid-19 before each appointment. You will be emailed a Covid-19 Screening Form and a Covid Agreement Form the day before your massage. These forms must be filled out prior to your appointment. If you are experiencing any symptoms we must reschedule.
- Cancellation charges will be waived if you you need to cancel an appointment last-minute because you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or had been exposed to someone who tested positive.
When you arrive:
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment. If you are earlier than 5 minutes you will be asked to wait outside or in your car as we no longer have a waiting area. We must finish your appointment on time, even if you are running late, in order to fulfill the cleaning protocols.
- Ensure you arrive alone, if you are unable to arrive alone, the person accompanying you will be screened, asked to provide their name and phone number for contact tracing purposes, and they must wear a mask. If you need to bring a guardian or someone to assist you please let me know in advance.
- Please wash / sanitize your hands upon arrival. There is hand sanitizer available at the top of the stairs.
- Please try to use the washroom before leaving your house and limit the amount of belongings you bring with you as much as possible (ie. shopping bags, backpacks, groceries, etc.)
- You will be screened again upon arrival to ensure your status has not changed. Should you not pass the screening, we will cancel the treatment (at no fee) and direct you to your primary care physician and recommend you get tested for Covid-19
- You must wear a mask when entering the clinic and for the duration of the treatment. Please bring your own mask to your appointment. If you do not own a mask I may have one available for purchase.
- You will be required to have your phone number on file for contact tracing should the need arise.
During your treatment:
- Please leave your clothing and belongings on one of the plastic chairs
- I will be wearing a face mask (and possibly a face shield)
- You will be required to wear a face mask throughout your time at the office including your treatment (if you have a medical condition that does not allow you to wear a mask please inform me ahead of time)
After your appointment:
- Wash / sanitize your hands
- As much as I love visiting with you let's avoid any unnecessary time spent lingering in the clinic. A quick post-treatment check-in and payment, and any further follow-up or re-booking we can do virtually when you arrive home.
- Ideally, payment will be accepted by debit tap so that you don't need to use the pin pad, or an e-transfer sent either before you arrive at your appointment or when you get home would be great.
Behind the scenes:
- I will be leaving ample time (minimum 30 minutes) between appointments for proper and thorough disinfecting of all surfaces in the treatment room and common areas, including but not limited to, massage table, stool, chairs, desk, light switches, oil bottle, sanitizer bottle, door knobs, stair rail, bathroom, floor, and any high-touch surfaces
- As always, I will be thoroughly washing my forearms/elbows/hands before and after your appointment, and after any and all cleaning / disinfecting of surfaces.
- As always, all table linens, sheets, pillow covers, face rest covers will be changed after each appointment. You will notice the big fleece blanket is gone for the time-being, replaced by top flannel sheets or lighter blankets. And sadly I am not allowed to keep the table warmer on the table for now.